Axis2, Tomcat and Eclipse setup
In this tutorial we are going to show you how to setup Axis 2 with Tomcat and Eclipse IDE. We assume that you have Tomcat and Eclipse setup to work together. If not follow our tutorial on that topic here.
To Setup Axis Tomcat and Eclipse follow this steps.
1. Download Axis 2 WAR Distribution
• In a browser navigate to http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/download.cgi,
• Find latest
WAR Distribution and download it.
2. Install WAR to Tomcat Server
• Extract WAR Distribution ZIP contents,
axis2.war to the
webapps directory of your Tomcat installation.
3. Verify installation
• Start Eclipse,
• Navigate to
Server view and start Tomcat,
• In a browser navigate to http://localhost:8080/axis2,
Validate link – validation report shouldn’t contain any errors.
You are ready to run Axis 2 WebServices.