Maven 3 installation and configuration
1. Download maven 3
- Navigate to http://maven.apache.org/download.html
- Download binary ZIP archive
2. Install maven 3
- Unpack ZIP archive to a directory of your choosing that suits your needs
3. Configure maven 3
We are going to configure our maven installation to use a custom repository directory.
- Create a directory for your repository
- Navigate to
conf/settings.xml file of your maven installation
localRepository tag and change its value to a directory that you just created
M2_HOME variable pointing to your maven installation
bin directory of your maven installation to a
4. Check setup
We are going to check if we can setup a simple test project with maven.
- Run a command line window –
- Enter following command
mvn archetype:create –DgroupId=com.itcuties –DartifactId=test
After maven downloads all the needed resources for executing this command a new
test project is created.